Dragon Dictation is a voice recognition application powered by Dragon NaturallySpeaking that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. You can also dictate status updates to your social networking applications (Facebook, Twitter) or send notes and reminders to yourself all using your voice.
- Up to 5 times faster than a keyboard
- Voice-to-text texts, emails, and notes
- Compatible with social media
- Supports a multitude of global languages
- In app save feature
- Some users report slow dictation and spelling and grammar mistakes
- Punctuation is not automatic (ex: have to say “John comma” to get “John,”)
- Lose unsaved text if answering a phone call
- Lack of shortcuts
- Need to be familiar with iCloud or have an email account to print
- Does not work well in a noisy environment, must speak directly into microphone for best results.
Available for iOS only according to the Nuance website, however Google Play lists a Dragon Dictation version as well.