This website provides parents, teachers, children, and teens with information about health, behaviour and development. Information on a variety of topics related to ADHD is provided.
Resources can be played in audio and are also available in Spanish.
Here are some topics for children and teens to check out:
- What is hyperactivity? – When someone says a kid is hyperactive, it can be a sign that the kid might have ADHD. ADHD stands for a condition called attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.Find out more about hyperactivity.
- Learning problems – If you have a learning problem, it doesn’t mean you can’t learn. Find out more about what it means to have a learning disability.
- ADHD medicines – Sometimes medicine can help a kid take control of his or her behavior, but only a doctor can decide if ADHD medicine is needed. Find out more about ADHD medicines.
- Is ADHD affecting my sleep? – Sometimes ADHD medicines can affect your sleep and appetite. If this is happening to you, talk to your doctor and read the tips given here.
- How to make homework less work? – Homework is a major part of going to school: It’s your teachers’ way of evaluating how much you understand of what’s going on in class, and it helps reinforce important concepts. Find out how to make your homework less work.