Getting the process started to determine whether your child has ADHD and then knowing what to do once the diagnosis has been made can be overwhelming for parents. The key, is that this is not a journey that parents should undertake alone.
Helping children with ADHD should be a collaborative, team approach that is shared among parents, school staff, and healthcare professionals.
This section provides resources about the process of identifying the diagnosis and working with the school and healthcare system to support your child.
- What is a Psycho-Educational Assessment? (Podcast)
- The Importance of ADHD Diagnosis (Podcast)
- What is an IPP? (Podcast)
- ADHD and Back to School (Podcast)
- Having Your Child Identified as a Special Needs Student. Centre for ADHD Awareness, Canada (CADDAC). (Website)
- What to Expect from a Psychologist. Canadian Psychological Association. (Website)
- Access Mental Health. Alberta Health Services. (Website)